Delivering a quality product is what we do at Gomez, and for us to be a success we need to be tenacious about continuing to provide the highest standard of product and service. We achieve this by developing strong relationships with both our key customer and suppliers alike. This role will focus on the delivery of commercial results through effective price negotiation and supplier relations. Working closely with internal departments such as Commercial, Planning and Technical to ensure that we have the right materials at the right time, at the right quality and at the right price.
We are looking for Packhouse Operatives on a temporary fixed term basis for a few weeks to join our busy team on a 4 days on 4 days off shift basis. Packhouse Operatives are critical to delivering a high quality product to our customers at all times. Working in a fast paced environment our team of Packhouse Operatives sort, select and pack products to meet customer specification on time. The role is physically demanding and a certain level of fitness is required given the intrinsic aspect of the roles. At times the running of a line may be required by the management team. Experienced Packhouse Operatives can be expected to assist in making sure quality, traceability, and Rubicon systems are all properly managed. You must be accurate and naturally have a good eye for detail as well as work well as part of a team.
This role is at the heart of what we do, and is a key link between our growers, customers and other stakeholders. The two key areas of focus which this role will lead on are 1) labour standards, human rights and modern day slavery strategies and 2) environmental sustainability.
Key Duties include defining policies, implementing programs, raising awareness and work as an integral part of the team to drive the Gomez responsible resourcing strategy. You will also be required to ensure delivery against our commitments and objectives on human rights and environmental sustainability, manage the Ethical audit programme alongside the technical team & colleagues, lead/manage third-party responsible sourcing audits such as SMETA, ensure suppliers meet customers codes of practice and assess current ethical sourcing status.
- Experience of working in either ethical trade or environmental sustainability
- Knowledgeable about key standards, topics and challenges in responsible sourcing
- Good communication skills and an ability to engage internal and external stakeholders to support implementation of strategy and communicate progress
- Availability to travel with reasonable notice
- Fluent English Language
- Proactive and curious nature with a thorough investigative approach
- Relevant degree qualification and/or ethical/ environmental qualification
- Previous experience in fresh produce production, food quality or technical roles
- Familiarity with the SEDEX system and SMETA audit methodology
- Knowledge of emerging legislation
- Additional language skills (eg. Spanish, French, Arabic, Hebrew)
Please apply in writing with a covering letter and full CV outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.